Friday, January 8, 2010

A new year, a new desire

I have this itch to start a butterfly garden this year. 
Things are changing.  Me along with them.  I have never been much on growing flowering plants. 
I've been researching host and nectar plants and thinking about where to place the garden. 
I grow most of my plants in containers but I'm thinkin' I might just do some digging on the property.  I know the landlord won't mind.  I figure a lot of the flowers will produce seed so I'll just collect seed and cuttings if we ever have to move.  Sounds like a plan to me.
I will also have to get used to things chewing on my plants.  I'm kinda wierd that way.  I think it's a casualty of my line of work.  Unless a client does such gardening, they usually want anything eating their plants, gone.


                                  
I was browsing butterfly stuff and ran across this video.  It got me misty.  I love motivational stuff.

So, it has been freezing here in SW FL.  I've been holed up for two days with the flu.  I finally got out to check my plants.



 I didn't even bring my orchids in!  BAD GIRL!
 My pentas and my coleus took a little hit from the cold.


But they should recover


Or not.

1 comment:

tomcruise said...

Although it is difficult to say exactly how many plants are needed to purify indoor air,Indoor plants in karachi Wolverton recommends at least two good sized plants for every 100 square feet