Sunday, August 16, 2009


Spent the weekend playing garden girl. Dirt betwwen the toes. Dirty nails and knees. Sweaty arm pits. Didn't even clean up for the trip to Hibbs. Figured I looked the part.
I'm looking forward to some cooler weather. We have a small bed we threw a couple bags of pooh down in to. Get it ready to plant. Gonna try broccoli and brussell sprouts. Some peppers. Got some spinach, lettuce and swiss chard. We'll see what happens.
The Orchid bug has hit me. I'm now "collecting" them wherever I can. They love the punk trees we have. Just poke'em in there and they seem to take off. The orchid society folks would cringe at my methods. As would most any society folks. I'm not the most learned gardener. I even recycle my soil! I've heard this isn't a highly recommended practice. I do check it for bugs before I reuse it. It works for me.
I am also starting to collect some cactus. Whatever! Along the same line as the bromilead thing. Thought I didn't care for them. Still trying not to use the "H" word.
The grill master is at work. Ribeyes. Yum Yum. I love red meat! Sorry if that offends anyone. I must go man the Fry-daddy.

No comments: