Sunday, September 6, 2009

Big Plants... small spaces

I must start by saying I love my job.
I get to see things as they grow.  Watch how the seasons affect the plants.  Meet people.

With that in mind...I am human and as I would never address a client like this,
It is my blog and I can pretty much say whatever I want.
That being said...
Before your plants are to the point of puking thier guts out of the pot...
get a larger container!  Do some root pruning!  Whatever.
Have you ever tried to shove your size 9 foot into a size 6 shoe?  I have and it sucks.
Well, how do you think this plant feels? 
Do you know what it's like to get some water into the pot?  Let alone enough to last till the next time I visit.

Big Plants... small spaces.  It doesn't work! 

Here we have a nice little Bismarkia Nobilis.

The homeowner tucked it nicely under a Ligustrum.
Half way between the house and the wall where the boug lives.  Exists might be a better choice of words. The sticks in back... that's the boug.
BIG MISTAKE!!!

Here we have a mature Bismarkia.
Beautiful isn't it?
I see it all the time...
Big Plants... Small Spaces.
It doesn't work


















1 comment:

tomcruise said...

The actual number you should have in your bedroom again varies depending on how many of you are sleeping in there.Plants suitable for karachi But as a general rule of thumb, follow the recommended NASA amount of having at least 1 plant per 100 square foot.